Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hot

I have been sweating my way through the first few weeks of the new year. Not from hard work but from menopause. Menopause that started as chemopause 7 years ago. And I am not even 40 yet. I don't know which I dislike more, mind numbing cramps (I used to have) or night sweats. I have been waking up drenched multiple times during the night. So much for sleep. Hot, cold, warm, heat on, heat off. Driving in the car with the window rolled down during the dead of winter. As I sit here right now the heat from my laptop has triggered another hot flash. I can feel the heat in my chest right up to my ears. My favorite is when I get out of bed most mornings mid flash and feel my heart racing.

Anyone out there feel my plight? What do you do for relief from the heat?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yes, I am familiar with your plight. I stick my head in the freezer and keep the air cranked. Mary (from CSL) has recently sworn by a south american herb MACA. She claims it has eliminated her hot flashes. I'm gonna give it a try.

Cathy Bueti said...

Thanks for the comment Sheila! Its good to hear there is someone else out there sweating like me! lol I will have to check out the MACA.

I also have to get the recipe for the homemade deodorant made with coconut oil and baking powder. I think I saw you write about it on CSL?? With all the sweating I do I can get quite stinky using some of these natural deodorant!! I have yet to find a really good one.

Kate Burton said...

A couple of suggestions. Effexor is the greatest pill ever invented by man (in my humble opinion of course) as it stopped my night time hot flashes. The other wonderful thing is called a Chillow. It costs about $30, you fill it with a little water, put it in your pillowcase , on top of your regular pillow and it stays cool. I don't know how, magic maybe but it is fantastic and even worked when we went to Bonnaroo last year with the TN heat.