Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Spring!

Today I thought about what kinds of things I love about spring.  I took this picture last year of  my neighbors magnolia tree.  It is big and beautiful and I can see it from my living room window.  I love to watch it bloom and wish the flowers stayed longer.  

I love turning the clocks back and having extra daylight.  I love having my windows open for the sweet breezes to blow by.  The air smells different.  I want to be outside.  I want to go hiking.  

I have a seasonal waterview of the reservoir across the street from my house.  It is a beautiful view and  is the only thing I miss when the leaves fill in on the trees.  During the gloomy winter it is nice to see the water as it brings some beauty to the coldness around me.  My favorite seasons are spring and fall.  I just like that perfect 60-70 degrees.  I wish it lasted all year round. 

What are some things you love about spring?

No comments: