Friday, October 1, 2010

Great Resource For Cancer Patients Regarding New Health Insurance Changes

It is tough enough to go through cancer treatment but to make the experience more stressful is the need to navigate the mucked up world of health insurance. I remember during my treatment I was living alone and would cringe when I went to the mail box. Luckily I had good insurance but there were still copays and things I had to fight to get covered. I couldn't even deal. So I would watch the insurance statements and hospital bills pile up on my kitchen table.

Recently there have been new health insurance changes that will impact cancer patients and young adults. My friend and fellow cancer survivor Kairol Rosenthal, the author of Everything Changes has a great blog post up with a guide to these new changes which went into effect on September 23, 2010. She discusses everything from insurance coverage, free preventative care, lifetime caps, and pre-existing conditions.

It is so important to educate yourself as a patient and be your own advocate! So be sure to check out Kairol's post here!

1 comment:

Donna Wynn (Yogiknitgirl) said...

Cathy, I have been reading your wonderful book and wanted to let you know I have added it to my blog as well. I hope others will read this very good book. Your writing is from the heart. I am so glad that being artists we connected with each other and I have bought another copy to give to my friend who was recently diagnosed!