Thursday, December 31, 2009

Best Moment of 2009 . . . Do You Have One?

As 2009 comes to a close I can't help but think about what a year it was. I always spend some time reflecting at the end of each year. The good, the bad, and the ugly. This year I want to focus on the positives. So I got to thinking. . . what was my favorite moment?

I don't have just one. It is hard to choose. There were many moments that were good. The one that stands out in my mind is the rerelease of my book Breastless in the City back in May. It has been my most exciting experience of the year. Having the wonderful opportunity to work on a new edition and share more of my life with others is a blessing to me. And the wonderful people I have met along the way has made it even more fun.

This was also a year I reconnected with old friends. Friends I hadn't spoken to in 20 years. That certainly has been another highlight of my year. Realizing that no matter how much time has passed it is like you can pick up where you left off. We may have more wrinkles on our skin but we are still the same inside!

It goes without saying that I am grateful for yet another year of good health. I celebrated my 8th year cancer free and my 6th wedding anniversary in May to a wonderful man.

I look forward to 2010 with hope for good health, good times, happiness, and love. And that is what I wish for all of you...

What is your favorite moment of 2009? Do you often reflect as one year comes to a close? What are your hopes and dreams for the future?

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Wrinkles? What wrinkles?? Where?!?! lol!!

I'm like you Cathy, not just "one" moment or experience but many. I'd say one of the highlights was my trip to South Carolina with my 21 year old son. It was an incredible experience to share with him. And I'm so glad we did it.

As for your year...it really was brimful with delight and I wish more of that for you in the coming year...and oh yes, many sales in your new etsy shop!!!! xon

Cathy Bueti said...

Thanks for your comment Sherry and for your wishes! That is wonderful you had a trip with your son...sounds like you enjoyed it! Great moments!

Yes...many sales in my new etsy shop! Your encouragement with that has really helped me get the process started!